ESACT Grants provide travel support for PhD students and young academic researchers within 3 years of their graduation from a PhD programme. In special situations such as parental leave or prolonged illness the 3 years period can be extended if documentation is provided.
- Participation in courses and workshops that teach topics of relevance to Animal Cell Technology
- Participation in conferences and meetings to present results in the field of Animal Cell Technology, either as an oral or poster presentation
- Short term research stays at other academic labs
Participation in the ESACT Meetings or courses organized by ESACT are exempt of this program, as there are specific grants given by the respective organizers.
Grants provided are a contribution towards coverage of registration fee, accommodation and/or travel as documented (currently not more than 500 Euros for non-overseas locations and not more than 1000 Euros for overseas locations).
Grants are provided based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the abstract submitted or of the proposed research project to be performed during a lab visit
- Relevance of the motivation statement to Animal Cell Technology, as well as the candidate’s actual research and future career
- Applicants need to be members of ESACT.
- Each individual can receive an ESACT grant only twice (as PhD student & early career researcher).
- The recipient must present the ESACT Logo on the poster or presentation to acknowledge support by ESACT.
- ESACT grants will not be granted to support attendance at any of the commercially organised conferences.
- If several group members from the same lab apply to attend the same meeting, only the one with the highest rating from that group will be chosen, irrespective of overall rating.
Grant Winners 2018
In the year 2018 we have already awarded grants to the first applicants.
Grant Winners 2017
In the year 2017 we have given grants to a total of 8 applicants. Here are some of them.
Grant Winners 2016
In the year 2016 we had 11 winners of a grant. Here are some of them.
To apply for an ESACT Grant please fill in the contact form below. Applications will be reviewed by the XC (results to be expected not earlier than 30 days after deadline). Decisions are made based on the quality of the information submitted below (specifically based on the statement of motivation and your abstract), so please make sure that you provide all relevant information.
Only the best candidates will receive funding!
Please make sure your supervisor is informed about your application. If approved, the transfer of the awarded sum will be initiated after receipt of an expense statement by the treasurer.
Application deadlines are January 1st, May 1st and September 1st each year.