What can an ESACT Grant support?
ESACT Grants are intended to support young scientists to participate in scientific conferences to present research and results related to animal cell technology. Grants can also be given to support attendance at courses or short research based internships.
A grant provides a contribution towards expenses of travel, registration or accommodation at fixed rates (EUR 500.- grant for events in Europe, EUR 1000.- grant for overseas events).
Who qualifies ?
- Applicants must be ESACT members. The advantages of membership can be found here →.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program or employed in an early stage PostDoc position (within the first two years after graduation). Well-argued and documented exceptions may apply, such as maternity leave – please contact us directly to provide corresponding documents in such a case.
- The applicant may not be an employee of a company.
- Each individual can receive a grant only twice.
- For applicants applying for the same conference and from the same working group, the first come, first served principle will be used.
- Profit-oriented events are excluded from support.
- If the application is for a conference attendance, then applicants must present a poster or an oral presentation.
- The topic of the presentation must bear relevance to the field of animal cell technology and the goals of ESACT as specified in our webpage. Whether the conference or event attended is dedicated to this field or a broader scientific area is not a criterion.
- Participation in the event or activity must have a clear benefit to the career development of the applicant.
- Applications must be submitted at latest 3 months before the conference.
- Grant recipients must display the ESACT Grant logo on their poster or on the acknowledgment slide of their presentation. A copy of the poster must be provided as a pdf for the ESACT Archive.
Your application must be made in the structured form below, failure to complete any applicable Section will disqualify your application. All applications should be made at latest 3 months before the conference you plan to attend. Turnover time for application review may take up to 6 weeks. The grant is granted pending acceptance of the abstract.
To receive reimbursement, the applicants needs to provide the following documents:
- Confirmation of acceptance of the abstract for presentation (pdf of the conference program or of the email of acceptance)
- A pdf of the poster or the slides presented
- Documentation of expenses exceeding the grant amount (these can be for registration, travel or accommodation)
- Account information for the transfer
- Confirmation of course attendance
- Confirmation of visit to host laboratory
Grant Winners 2021
In the year 2021 we have already awarded grants. Here is one of them.
Grant Winners 2020
In the year 2020 we have already awarded grants. Here is one of them.
Grant Winners 2019
In the year 2019 we have already awarded six grants. Here are some of them.
Grant Winners 2018
In the year 2018 we have given grants to a total of 13 applicants. Here are some of them.
Grant Winners 2017
In the year 2017 we have given grants to a total of 8 applicants. Here are some of them.
Grant Winners 2016
In the year 2016 we had 11 winners of a grant. Here are some of them.
To apply for an ESACT Grant please fill in the contact form below. Applications will be reviewed by the XC (results to be expected not earlier than 30 days after deadline). Decisions are made based on the quality of the information submitted below (specifically based on the statement of motivation and your abstract), so please make sure that you provide all relevant information.
Only the best candidates will receive funding!
Please make sure your supervisor is informed about your application. If approved, the transfer of the awarded sum will be initiated after receipt of an expense statement by the treasurer.
Application deadlines are January 1st, May 1st and September 1st each year.