Promote career progression
ESACT Frontiers Program (EFP) is an initiative within the European Society for Animal Cell Technology focused on promoting career progression and active engagement of young generations to ESACT and to the field of Animal Cell Technology (ACT).
Our mission is to facilitate the cooperation and knowledge exchange among young scientists of the ACT community and to provide an easy-to-access platform to connect young researchers with ESACT senior members.
Join ESACT Frontiers and help to shape the future of Animal Cell Technology!
Why joining ESACT Frontiers?
- You will be part of a group of dynamic and motivated people devoted to support new and unconventional ideas and initiatives to foster engagement of young researchers
- You will have the opportunity to learn from senior members of the Executive Committee
- You will expand your personal and professional network
- You will improve your communication, project and time management skills
- You will contribute to the Animal Cell Technology progress with your ideas and initiatives
- You will travel
You will have lots of fun!
How much availability is expected?
Depending on the initiatives planned, each group member is assigned a group of tasks, usually selected voluntarily. Time requirements vary substantially depending on the task and initiative. There are always work peaks and more relaxed periods. We expect everyone to work in a collaborative manner and be willing to support each other, regardless of independently assigned tasks.
Apart from that, make time for:
- At least one face-to-face meeting / year (location: usually Europe, duration: 2-3 days)
- Regular synch call with the group by TC/Skype (1-1.5 hours, usually every two weeks)
- Attending biennial ESACT meeting
What are the relevant selection criteria?
- Up to 15 years past BSc degree, up to 12 years past MSc degree, up to 10 years past PhD
- Work in the area of animal cell technology either in academia or industry
- Attend meetings in the area of animal cell technology and others
- Science and society initiatives, including volunteering and organization of meetings, courses, workshops, etc
- Communications, including scientific (poster/oral/manuscripts) or non-scientific (to other audiences, during volunteering, customer service, etc)
How to apply ?
Formal renewal of the ESACT Frontiers members happens every 2 years, coinciding with the biennial ESACT Meeting
We are collecting applications for the next renewal on a regular basis. Please, fill in the form below if you are interested in joining the group.
The deadline for submitting your application is the 31st May 2022
Selected candidates will be announced at the next ESACT meeting 2022 (Lisbon).
If you have any questions or just want to chat about it, please contact us at email@example.com
Looking forward to hearing from you!
ESACT Frontiers Application Form